The Will of Dorothy Mildred Thompson 1910 - 1986 Dated 29 August 1969
(Note: Some Punctuation, Highlighting, and space added for clarity.)
This is the last Will of me, Dorothy Mildred Thompson
, of "Lynfield", Ashbrook Range, Sunderland, in the County of Durham, Spinster.
- I BEQUEATH to my niece, Ann Dorothea Mary Grose, my aquamarine ring and brooch, and my solitaire diamond ring
- I GIVE DEVISE BEQUEATH AND APPOINT all my real and the rest residue and remainder of my personal estate unto my sister Gladys Mary Thompson absolutely, and I APPOINT her sole Executrix of this my Will.
- IF my said sister shall predecease me, then I APPOINT Charles Cecil Emmerson, Solicitor, and Philip Alexander Hamilton, Solicitor, both of 22 John Street Sunderland aforesaid (hereinafter called "my trustees") to be the Executors and Trustees of this my Will and I GIVE AND DEVISE BEQUEATH AND APPOINT all my said real and personal estate unto my Trustees Upon Trust for my sister, Nora Hetty Grose absolutely, but if my said sister shall predecease me, then I GIVE DEVISE BEQUEATH AND APPOINT all my said real and personal estate unto all her children, in equal shares, or the survivor of them absolutely.
- I DIRECT that any executor or trustee being a solicitor, or other person, engaged in any profession or business, shall be entitled to be paid all usual or proper charges for business transacted, time expended, and acts done by him or any partner of his in connection with the administration of my estate or the trusts hereof including acts which an executor or trustee, not being in any profession or business, could have done personally.
- I HEREBY REVOKE all former, or other Wills, Codicils, or testamentary dispositions, at any time heretofore made by me, and declare this to be my last Will.
In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand, this Twenty-ninth day of August, one thousand nine hundred and sixty-nine.
D. M. Thompson
Signed by the Testatrix, the said Dorothy Mildred Thompson as for and to be her last Will in the presence of us, both present at the same time, who in her presence, at her request, and in the presence of each other, have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses:
[ Unable to read.
On the 5th day of March 1986 Probate of this will was granted to CHARLES CECIL EMMERSON and PHILIP ALEXANDER HAMILTON both of 22 John Street, Sunderland, SR1 1JJ, the executors named in the said Will - Gladys Mary Thompson mentioned in the said will having died in the lifetime of the said deceased.
Dorothy Mildred Thompson, of Reeth Cottage, Aysgarth, Leyburn, North Yorkshire, formerly of "Lynfield", Ashbrook Range, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, Died on the 25th day of January 1986.
Net Value does not exceed £40,000